Saturday, December 6, 2014

Day 6: Straight No Chaser - Text Me Merry Christmas (featuring Kristen Bell)

  If you could think of a "breakout" Christmas song, then look no further than Straight No Chaser's "Text Me Merry Christmas" for 2014. This seems to be the breakout hit, showing up everywhere over the last couple weeks. I'm not sure if the success is because Kristen Bell is STILL riding the ice wave from last year's "Frozen" or because it's an insanely catchy tune (because, it is). Perhaps it's just because of reasons, and we'll leave it at that. Straight No Chaser has become a holiday mainstay for their unique acapella arrangements over the past couple years, and this year they make their presence known again. ...And if you haven't heard it yet, I'm here to barrage you with the song, audibly and visually. So for no further ado, I present to you "Text Me Merry Christmas."

  And as a complete aside, I always hear something pretty awesome. So for all you acapella/Frozen fans out there, check out Straight No Chaser - Frozen. It's really good!
  So I don't know if I've asked yet, but if you are enjoying the list and feel there's something you are listening to that I am not, feel free to let me know. Drop a comment on facebook, leave a comment here on the blog, or leave it in 140 character or less @clubbprez. Look forward to hearing from you all, and look out for Day 7 which is coming tomorrow!

      Currently Watching: ncaa football/fsu vs gt

No comments: