Saturday, September 17, 2011

Life/Job/BlackGold

  So, for those of you who haven't heard, or not paying attention, life has taken quite a drastic jump for me the last couple months or so. I packed up and moved to a little place called Hazard, Kentucky. I'm here for and with my kids in an effort to make life as happy and easy for them as possible. It hasn't been easy on me, or Dlo for that matter, but we come together when we see the smiles on our children's faces. So, more changes must come to accompany those changes.
  It's amusing, however, that the more things change, the more things stay the same. I needed a job, so I applied to a few places. The first place to offer me a job was Wal-Mart. It would have been crappy hours at crappy pay, so I held off for something a little better. The job I would end up taking?: Applebee's. Yessir ladies and gentleman, I just finished my first week at Applebee's for the second time. This time was by far a little easier. There is plenty I could say here, but I'm not, simply because it's somewhat unprofessional. If anyone wants to speak with me privately about my thoughts feel free to contact me and I shall gladly divulge information. Just know that I am really excited, in a way, to be working at this particular store. And to be working in general...
  By far the best thing that has happened this week is the Black Gold Festival, and how much fun my kids had, particularly Liam. I personally am not a big fan of this festival, for many reasons. However, this seems to be the big thing in this town every year, so with little to do we decided to go out and enjoy ourselves. The first thing we did was visit the "trucks." These trucks are really large pieces of equipment that is used by strip miners to clear the land. Liam had a blast sitting in some of the larger equipment, but he had the most fun sitting in the bobcat. With a huge smile on his face he was working the controls like a champ. That was probably the highlight of the night. We walked through about a quarter mile of carney games and food vendors to visit the craft shop. Unfortunately, there was no where near as much good stuff there this year as there was last year. But we made a pass through none the less. On the way back through the sea of people, carneys, and chicken on a stick we decided to stop and take a little break. We got baby Britain a little baby food for sooth her hungry stomach while everyone else munched down on a funnel cake. After our brief hiatus, we tried to convince Liam that the bouncey house would be fun. He was convinced that it was not. We decided that since Liam didn't have any fun in the bouncey house he would sure have fun on the little "choo choo train," especially if daddy rode along with. So we hopped on the train at two bucks a pop and rode circles around the parking lot behind the festival. It was fun, but just a little disappointing. Liam really enjoyed himself though, so in the end that was all that mattered. Next, we made our way toward the "carnival" section of this festival looking for something appropriate that Liam might enjoy. After seeing nothing that looked either safe, appropriate, or friendly, we decided to call it a night and bring it on back to the house. There is another big day planned tomorrow with a parade and a car show. Hopefully I we'll be able to make back out tomorrow. Look for some pictures to be posted somewhere soon as well.

    Currently Playing: Our Lady Peace - Somewhere Out There

No comments: