Monday, September 19, 2011

Premier Monday

  You know, for a Monday where I did absolutely nothing, it seems like a long day...
  First things first, I hopped on over to the bee's early this morning to get my car and check my schedule. I anticipated having to come back in today around 11:30 or 12:00, but I was sadly mistaken. I don't work again until Noon on Wednesday. A big part of me was happy though. I was (still kinda am) relatively tired from last week plus the weekend. My body really felt it. After a relatively long conversation with the folks, I ended up laying down and sleeping until 4:45. So disappointed because I wanted to watch the race, but I missed out. Oh well. From the reports it turned into a gas mileage race anyways. Props to the 14 team for the win and the 88 team for a third place finish. Enough about that...
  Kids? Well, the kids have been ... kids :). About the coolest thing that has happened today is Liam saying "jug band." He was watching Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas and as the scene where the little band finishes up practicing "Bar-B-Que" he looks at me, points to the screen and goes "jug band daddy." Yep, jug band. Kid is amazing. As for Britain, she has learned that standing up in her crib is the most amazing thing in the world, and she absolutely loves doing it. She loves crawling around in her bed, but she absolutely loves standing up.
  So did you catch any of the premiers tonight? I stayed on CBS for the premiers, mainly because I'm lazy and I'm not really sure what else premiered tonight, but I do know I missed the season finale of Hell's Kitchen. So let's get started with my thoughts, because I'm sure you are dying to know...
  First up was a double dose of How I Met Your Mother. I like HIMYM for the most part. It's one of the funnier shows on television, and has been son for the better part of the last decade. Not sure If I completely approve of the direction this season is taking so far, Veronica that is. However, everything else was absolutely amazing and hilarious. I've never had the opportunity to watch this show straight through for a season, but I have a caught most of them at some point or another. I'm looking forward to hopefully enjoying this season all the way through, if not on the night it premiers at least not too long later.
  Next up was Two and a Half Men. I'll be honest: I have never been that much of a 2.5 Men fan. I would watch it if it were on, and nothing else caught my attention. It's even been humorous at times. But I have never been a full fledged let's watch fan. The only reason I really watched was the fact that I got caught up in the media sweep of "what happened to Charlie" and "how did Ashton's character get introduced?" Well, those questions have been answered. And it was pretty humorous. However, I'm not sure if this is something that I will watch every Monday. ... Time will tell.
  And since I'm already on CBS, why not watch 2 Broke Girls. So I did. Kat Dennings? Yes please. Other girl? Not so much, more Kat Dennings please. This show was smart at times, funny at times, and had me .... yeah. I liked the show, but I'm not sure if it's because I like looking at Kat or I liked the humor. Time will tell on this one as well. I will probably watch it next week given it's (hopefully regular) time slot of 8:30, right after HIMYM.
  And like I said earlier, I missed the season finale of Hell's Kitchen, so I decided to do a quick google search. This years winner? Spoiler Alert: Paul. Unexpected in a way, but he seemed like a good fix. No one in their right mind thought Elise might actually win. Gordon Ramsey knows food and he knows good television. Elise was good television. She could cook, but she could not manage people to save her life. And quite honestly, neither could Tommy. He just wasn't ... mature enough. That left the only two choices, realistically, as Will and Paul. I was pulling for Will from day one, even before I saw him on an episode of Chopped. However, one thing I notice about Will, he will put up with so much BS before he can't take anymore. Paul was more of a kiss up. Was it the reason he won? I don't know, I didn't watch the episode, but I'm sure it didn't hurt.
  I missed Hawaii Five-O and probably some other stuff. It looks like I'm gonna have to start looking for some torrents to get caught up...
  Arrr, an' just in case ye didn't know, today were International Talk Like A Pirate Day. I hope ye had yer fun a'talkin' like a pirate. If'n ya didn't, make up fer it by a talkin' like pirates tomorrow and keep the date in mind fer next year!

    Currently Playing: The Folk Den - Drunken Sailor

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not a gif file. Fail...