Sunday, September 18, 2011

Days Go By..

  So it's 12:02 and my son is still up. While he tries to exercise some energy from his body I figured I'd blog a little. Today has been relatively uneventful. A happy Sunday, for the most part. I had to run out to the store today. Luckily Dollar General was having a clearance sale on all the "summer" items that hadn't sold yet. Lucky me. I got a lot of "outside" toys, some cool bath (converted) toys, and bubbles for the kids. I stuck close to the television most of the day watching football and anticipating the rain to move away from Chicago so the race could get started. In the end, the Dolphins lost (1-11 in your last 12 home games, seriously? ... .. .) and the race got rained out. Liam and I did go out for about an hour later in the day. The mosquitoes are still pretty bad here. I really can't wait for the weather to turn just a little bit cooler so we can enjoy being outside without having to go to the park to do so. I was a little disappointed because Liam cracked his Bubble Gun. I think he got too excited with the bubbles and tripped over his own two feet. So please, if you know anywhere that has bubble guns (or something similar) relatively cheap, feel free to let me know. Messages, phone calls, snail mails, whatever. He really loves this thing and I fear that it's not gonna last through the week...
  I'm really hoping for a good week. However, I don't think it's gonna start off that way. I start my first "full" week at Applebee's tomorrow. No more training so to speak, even though I have a lot more to learn about the store, the people, and the guests. I guess not knowing what time I'm supposed to be there tomorrow isn't good. Nor the fact that my car is still in the parking lot and has been there since Friday... .. But that's ok.
  I'm really disappointed because I missed a phone call from my cousin Kyle. My phone never rang so when I noticed that I had a voicemail I listened. He played it off, but he was a little disappointed as well. The fact that my phone never "accepted" the call so to speak, I didn't have a number to phone back to either. I'm pretty sure he graduates this week or next, so To-Do list: write Kyle.
  So this week is premier week for a lot of television shows. There are a lot of shows that I may watch, you know, if I'm around, but there is only one show that I really want to watch. Where will I be on Friday at 9 p.m.? In front of my television looking for Peter Bishop. I encourage everyone to do the same. Facebook, twitter, or leave a comment here and let me know what television series you are most happy to see either for the first time, or returning. Folks, I hope you have a great week.

    Currently Playing: Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over

No comments: