Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dreary Start to a Wednesday

  But with that being said, let's go ahead and recap yesterday before we get fully into today...
  Tuesday began a lot like Monday, relatively uneventful. The only difference is that Dlo was running late for work so I took the kids to day care and went to get them. On the way home, I heard about a hospital in the neighboring county having a Family Night. I was pretty excited, considering, so when Dlo got home we jumped in the care and went. Begin: Misadventure.
  We came up on something that looked like a carnival. We didn't exactly where this family night we were heading to was at, so we decided that the carnival looking thing that's close to the hospital was probably it. Boy were we ever wrong. Mistake 1 - This was one of the sketchiest little carnivals I had ever seen in my life. We decided to try to make the best of it, however, and get Liam to ride a ride. We paid for a couple tickets and put him on the kid ride that just goes around. Mistake 2 - Liam cried his little eyes out. It was so sad. We ended up stopping the ride just to get him off. From this point we made a fast getaway from the sketchy carnival and decided to grab a bite to eat...
  We decided that since we were here anyways, and we never go this far out of town, we decided to eat a small little placed called Pine Mountain Grill. They had different food, but overall I was not impressed. We ordered an appetizer of fried green tomatoes, and that was probably the tastiest thing I had all night. I have been craving pulled bbq, so I decided to go with the bbq sandwich as my meal. I guess I was just disappointed with the portion size to price. For eight bucks I probably should have gotten twice what I got. At least I got plenty of exercise chasing Liam through the restaurant...Mistake 3...
  After striking out in Whitesburg we made the trip home. Dlo decided to take a short trip through Vicco to show me what little is there. Thanks ... I think ... We made it home in time to catch some Tuesday premiers...
  So my thoughts on the few shows I watched last night, starting with NCIS: didn't watch it. NCIS: Los Angeles: only caught the tail end of it. However, I do enjoy watching both these shows, I never really watch them when they are on television. So ... take it for what it is. So on to one of the most anticipated (if not the most anticipated) new drama on CBS - Unforgettable. Honestly, it moved way too slow for me to keep into it. I wanted to watch it, I want to like it. I just, it was ok. So - so. I don't think it has the staying power to get into season 2 unless something extremely dramatic happens fast to push the show toward something a little more interesting. I'd have to watch it again, but once again...just so-so.
  Now, over to FOX. I missed everything on FOX, so I had to catch up. The series premier of that one show that you have been seeing previews for for a couple weeks? New Girl. We'll start there. Cute. Ditzy. Fun at times. Overall...again, unless something changes I feel it's just a one season show, if that. FOX, moreso than other networks, tend to show leniency in allowing a season to run it's path before taking it off the air. We may get a chance to finish it, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a season 2. I haven't got around to seeing the premier of Raising Hope. It was one of those shows that looked great last year and I never watched. So I figured I'd try again this year, and I've failed miserably. Songs of the Week coming at you next!

    Currently Playing: Gym Class Heroes - Stereo Hearts (featuring Adam Levine)

No comments: