Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I'm the Boss of my Birthday!

  I'm the boss of my birthday. I heard that from the time p.c.h. woke up on her birthday, at 4 o'clock in the morning. It was my baby girl's birthday, and not only did she know it, she was letting the ENTIRE world know as well. It was quite an interesting day, because having a birthday, in her mind, meant that she was exempt from all wrong doing. It was her birthday. So when I woke up to take L.I.Am to school, there was peanut shells on the floor. I told her to clean it up, and her response? "It's my birthday." It most certainly is...
  For the most part her birthday was just like any other day. However, she and I did get a chance to sneak out of the house to get a cake. A "pink and purple" cake to be exact. p.c.h. is definitely a girl. And she's still the boss of her birthday. We finally found a cake that we could agree on, and we had "happy Birthday Britain" (just like that, go figure) put on in pink icing. She got her "pink and purple cake" and was good in the land of p.c.h. She is the boss of her birthday.
  We went over the birthday decor aisle to find something modest to make the birthday a little more memorable. We didn't have anyone come over, so it was up to me to make it as memorable as possible, she is the boss of her birthday mind you. To continue with her love for Elsa, we got a pack of Frozen plates and a Happy Birthday sign decked out in Elsa attire (Anna, Sven, Olaf, and Kristoff). Not to mention the balloon that she found that said "Happiest Birthday." She proceeded to walk around the store with this balloon for the rest of the trip, make sure that anyone she came across knew that it was her birthday and she was the boss.
  We were barely in the door before p.c.h., aka Birthday Boss, was demanding that we decorate for her party. "When I come back in here, I want to see a party!" So cute, so bossy. She played with the brand new Doc McStuffins playset that I got her and Liamus immediately started doing is his big brother job of being as annoying as humanely possible to his sister. Dlo was on point with some of the best lasagna I think I've ever ate, but even awesome lasagna couldn't keep the kids from asking for cake halfway through the meal. Britain bossed on the candles by blowing all of them out at one time, she is the boss of her birthday mind you, and the smiles across her face all day was nothing short of amazing.
  It's amazing that we got her to four years, but at the same time I have to ask myself where in the world did the time go? They are both getting so big so quickly...and it's hard to put into words the emotions that I'm feeling. Anways, with that being said, here's a nice collage with the very few pictures we took. We were too busy taking in the moment (and keeping the Birthday Boss from killing Liamus Prime, it's her birthday she may have tried)...



      Currently Playing: relient k/pirates who don't do anything

No comments: