Sunday, March 16, 2014

MySpace - Part 3

  Let's continue on as we take a gander into the distant past. I haven't looked at this one yet, so...lol
Oh I love a rainy night...
Subject Oh I love a rainy night...
DateCreated 1/1/1900 12:00:00 AM
PostedDate 7/27/2004 7:25:00 PM
Body It seems like everytime I decide to write ablog, its about how horrible my day is or how much life is treating me horribly. Unfortunately, today is no exception to that... Today started off just fine. I was really looking forward to the day, especially after 4 hours sleep, which is pretty much unheard of at camp at the time of the week. However, I taught canoeing today. It was good times. A kink was thrown in today around 11 when I was informed that I have to teach archery. It was kinda intriguing teaching archery in my water shoes and wet shorts, but hey, i got the job done. I had the weonderful oppurtunity to watch the teens canoe and kayak toay. It was intriguing, to say the least. It was very hectic. As a matter of fact we were still feeling reprications of that hour three hours later, but more on that later. However, a boat was pretty swamped. Monroe, being the ferverent hero that I am, jumped in thinking I could actually help. Yay Monroe for being a dumbass. But the time I swam to the boat they had pretty much brought it all the way in. It still felt pretty good to get in the lake however. Some teens have been talking smack about playing Halo this week. Jon, Braynt Crawley, Kool-Aid, Drip and I decided to give them a taste of the Smith Mountain Lake 4-H Conference and Educational Center Summer Staff Halo playing ability. We made them look pretty bad. I say we, however, thinking that I actually helped. Jon pretty much carried us. Of course hes the veteren, I just started :-p Remeber I said we were feeling reprications? Around 5:45, one of the adult comes into the office and says hey man, you got a paddle floating in the lake. Kool-Aid and I thought "hey, simple ride down on golf cart, extract from shore, replace in paddle room, back in five minutes mission." However, that didn't quite work out that way. We got down there and realized the damn thing was out in the water, about a football field from the bank. At this point Kool-Aid and Monroe decide it would be best if we went out in a canoe to retrieve this paddle. All fine and dandy, till I get completely seated. Then the boat flips over on its side and half of my body gets wet. YAY MOnroe for being a dumbass and not telling Kool-Aid where to sit in the damn boat. We finally make it out there, retrieved the damb paddle, brought it back. Now let the good times roll: A rainstorm comes up tonight and I get drenched. However, it doesn't stop me from doing what I do best. Using soaking wet PA systems, helping crying kids understand that camp is fun and that there is no need to go home, answering 12 questions directed at me at the same time from 12 different people. Add to the fact that Lindsay hurt herself today and I was pretty worried about that. The good news is Lindz is ok :) and we got through the night. On that note, i'm going to let it ride for the night. Currently Playing: Army of Me - Saved Your LIfe Current Mood - Exhausted


  And that would be the fateful day that eventually lead to the banning of flip-flops at the W.E. Skelton 4-H Educational Conference Center. Lulz

    Currently Playing: rain delayed food city 500 from bristol

No comments: