Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Birthday Poker Action!

  So I came home last night and decided to hop in a couple freerolls on full tilt poker. The first was a freeroll Razz tournament. For those who don't know much about Razz, it plays very similar to 7 card stud, only the goal is to get the lowest hand possible. The best hand is the nut low (5,4,3,2,A). I don't play Razz very often so I wasn't really expecting that deep of a run. It was a $150 Guaranteed, top 45 places paid. I was doing really good until I ran up against a wall. I had 6,5,3,2,A. It wasn't enough against 6,4,3,2,A. I lost a good ninety percent of my stack to that hand at the time and ended up in 93rd place. BUM-MER!
  For some reason, I decided to hop in a No Limit Hold 'Em Rush tournament last night as well. Again, $150 Guaranteed with the top 45 places paying out. Keep in mind that for much of the night I was playing both tourneys at the same time. It was rather interesting to try this. Anyway, I ran pretty deep and was looking pretty good. I got dealt pocket Kings and played them rather poorly, in my opinion. I'm not sure if I was on tilt a little for the few earlier hands or because it was pretty late and I was getting tired. However, my Kings did not hold up again the Straight Flush (7,8,9,10,J of diamonds) and I busted out in 34th place. Not bad I suppose, but certainly earlier than I wanted and much earlier than I could have done. My efforts earned me a whole $1.35 cents however. Bringing my career tournament winnings to a grand total of $1.42. Go me!

No comments: