Friday, July 7, 2017

Songs of the Week, July 7th Edition!

  One of the things that brought me massive joy (whether anyone actually truly enjoyed it or not) was offering up a what's what in my music world during the week. I've rebooted this idea in my blog a couple times, and in the spirit of reboots (Will & Grace, I'm looking @ you) it's time to try it again. So with no further ado, ladies and gentlemen I present to you my songs of the week for this Friday, July 7 (commentary where necessary).

  I am going to give some commentary for the first song on the list. It seems there's one thing for certain. I'm doomed to spend EVERY 4th of July @ Applebees. This year was much more bearable given my kitchen staff and their antics, but that's a conversation for another day. We also had the privilege of having a couple people from Germany in our restaurant that night. Cool guys, and they had plenty of questions about America on this, our day of independence (or day of treason, depends on which coast you are standing on). A completely different conversation is being hand between two of my servers and I only caught the tail end of this conversation, which was "Rammstein? You've never heard of Rammstein?" And then Amerika started blaring out over the speakers. No sooner than the bass kicked in, the eyes in our German friends' eyes lit up like fireworks as they turned our very slow bar into a karaoke joint for this one song. Regardless of the sentiment that song tries to get across in terms of this country, our blatant capitalism, our worldwide reaching culture (or lack thereof), but in that moment of the night, America ist wunderbar.

      Rammstein - Amerika
      The Foo Fighters - Run (106 Days Away, can't wait)
      Volbeat - Black Rose
      RAP ALERT Watsky - Exquisite Corpse (featuring Dumbfoundead, Rafael Casal, Grieves, Chinaka Hodge, Adam Vida, Daveed Diggs, & Wax)

  As usual, let me know what you are listening to! I'd love to give it a listen!

      Currently Playing: volbeat/black rose

No comments: