Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Songs of the Week: March 2, 2011

  Hey hey, what's going on guys. It's Wednesday. You know that means. It's time for the Songs of the Week, or at least my songs of the week. You guys aren't playing fair. I want to know what you are listening to. So please tell me what you have been listening to either here in the comment section, twitter @clubbprez, or on facebook @http://www.facebook.com/clubbprez!
  We have a little variety this week, but not as much as I would have liked. Most of the songs hit in the past 24 hours and a couple of them are dated. However, give a listen to "Poker." You'll see the link.
  I guess the song of the week, for it's amazingness (and the uber 80's references). Sure, it may be a little advertising for the movie Take Me Home Tonight, but the song is a really good cover (thumbs up Atomic Tom) of the Human League song "Don't You Want Me." Check it out:
  Atomic Tom - Don't You Want Me
  And this next song gets honorable mention. It probaly would have taken top spot honors had it not been for the 80's magic. Give it up to Ricky Carden, perhaps better known in the railbird community as luckyfool for his song "Poker," co-written with Curtis Smith (sorry, I don't have any information on this guy, just giving props where props are due)
  Ricky Carden - Poker (co-written with Curtis Smith)  **NOTE** Click Ricky Carden - Curtis Smith "Poker" in the player and enjoy a nice homegrown song.
  And the rest of the weeks songs:
  Lupe Fiasco - Lu Myself
  Lupe Fiasco - Mean and Vicious
  Your Favorite Martian - Bottles of Beer
  Eminem - G.O.A.T.
  I hope you enjoyed them. Like I said, give me something new to listen to. Local bands (local to me, or local to you) shoot me some music and perhaps you'll make the list! GIVE ME NEW MUSIC TO LISTEN TO!
  As always, CLICK A LINK PLEASE! Help pay some bills or at least help me figure out what the limits are. Adz are safe! Just click the link and close the page.


    Currently Playing: Atomic Tom - Don't You Want Me

No comments: